A letter to the Alberta government and Minister of Finance, Honourable Robin Campbell,
Thank you for asking Albertans about budget priorities and revenue solutions. At a recent meeting of the Disability Action Hall, we talked about priorities for Budget 2015.
|Alberta Budget 2015 Talks|
Here is our top three priorities, a revenue solution to fund social services and a question about cuts to the public sector wages:
- Social Assistance Rates go up and indexed to the cost of living
- Affordable Accessible Housing, Transportation and Universal Design
- Person-Centered Health Care, Mental Health and Physical Health Services
- Progressive Taxation, A carbon tax for those who pollute and an increase in royalties for those companies that take resources out of the ground in Alberta.
- Will cutting wages in our sector also mean cutting services? We think cutting MLAs salaries by 5% is a nice first step; however we are concerned if cuts to the public sector also mean cuts to services.
We would appreciate if you could write us back and tell us what you think. If you have any questions, we welcome the government to join us for a meeting. We can be reached at 403.717.7630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Members of the Disability Action Hall