Join us for a talk about working with diversity & cultural differences with our caregivers
|Calgary Workforce Council is hosting a focus group for persons with developmental disabilities
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Disability Action Hall
219, 18 Street SE
5:30 to 7:30 pm
Food is provided*,
Call 403.717.7630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a talk for people with developmental disabilities[i] with the Calgary Workforce Council[ii].
We will talk about:
- How do different cultures, languages, beliefs and values between you and your worker affect the support you get?
- What are some good ways to help and learn more about each other when you and your worker are from different cultures or speak a different language?
- What are some ways to stop racism & show respect for each other?
- What works well when you and your worker do not understand what the other person is saying?
- What are some ways we can learn more about each other’s culture?