We believe there are eight things we would like Albertans to know about AISH. We want to thank you for stopping by hope by sharing our message is "easy as pie" to share why AISH matters. We have provided downloadable versions:
What we believe (Principles)
for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
People should get enough money to live on when they have a disability and cannot get enough paid work.
- How you decide if someone gets AISH is based on clear rules and on the person’s life experience.
- Anyone who needs to get AISH should be able to understand the rules and what they need to do to apply.
- The government needs to work with us when they make changes to the AISH program. They need to be careful so people do not get hurt.
- AISH should be open enough that if you are able to be employed, it is easy to get and keep paid work and still get AISH support.
- AISH staff should have good training and understand disabilities so they can work well with people on the program.
- That people who apply for or receive AISH supports are human beings who deserve to be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
- That when people with disabilities can do paid work, we work together to change the things in society that stop them from having a job or being part of the community.
➤To download the "Summary of what People need to know about AISH" based the principles on" visit here (PDF)
Post a Comment
Thank you for posting to our blog and joining our community.