|Congrats to MP Kent Hehr on your latest appointment, Make us proud! |
In background MLA Kathleen Ganley as Kent brings greetings at our June 2nd 2017 'Disability Pride Celebration', photo taken by Kathleen Biersdorff
We have had a great summer and we wish to share with a couple of highlights. Our photos from and speech we made celebrating 19 years of disability pride and culture in Calgary . As well a link to our dear friend Thomas' who passed away in January. Enjoy the links!
|Thomas' video "Our Canada, My story" playing at the |
National Museum of Human Rights in Winnipeg!
|Photos from Speak Out, click here|
Speech from Speak Out 2017
(held at the Lougheed House Friday, June 2nd, 2017)
- Our raise in AISH,
- the low-income bus pass,
- Fair entry and sliding scale,
- Changes to the marriage act,
- Stopping cuts to services and
- Stopping the unfair safety standards.
- Celebrating in public places to take people on a date with a disability
- Getting together to share practice our human rights to the right to love, the right to home, the right to play and many others.
- The police use to tell us during our parades to walk faster, and now they honour the pace we make.