|Congrats to MP Kent Hehr on your latest appointment, Make us proud!
In background MLA Kathleen Ganley as Kent brings greetings at our June 2nd 2017 'Disability Pride Celebration', photo taken by Kathleen Biersdorff
We have had a great summer and we wish to share with a couple of highlights. Our photos from and speech we made celebrating 19 years of disability pride and culture in Calgary . As well a link to our dear friend Thomas' who passed away in January. Enjoy the links!
|Thomas' video "Our Canada, My story" playing at the
National Museum of Human Rights in Winnipeg!
|Photos from Speak Out, click here
Speech from Speak Out 2017
(held at the Lougheed House Friday, June 2nd, 2017)
- Our raise in AISH,
- the low-income bus pass,
- Fair entry and sliding scale,
- Changes to the marriage act,
- Stopping cuts to services and
- Stopping the unfair safety standards.
- Celebrating in public places to take people on a date with a disability
- Getting together to share practice our human rights to the right to love, the right to home, the right to play and many others.
- The police use to tell us during our parades to walk faster, and now they honour the pace we make.