- The right to culture. I just like it, there is a lot of culture going on in Calgary and I am an artist, Freedom of thought and religion, everyone should be able to choose their what they believe in.
- Cheaper bus passes, health and well-being (article 25) bus passes should be $ 1.50, Freedom of expression as a lot of people in this world are very oppressed.
- Freedom of association and ability to get together with people in the lives and the freedom to do that.
- We have come a long way and we have a long way to go, the right to be who you want to be, freedom of expression (right to freedom and security of person article.
- Life liberty and security-all humans have rights to have access health, socialization and without fear to be harmed by someone (from murder, hate crime( right to live freely with no fear).
- Health and well-being, the right to housing,
- Social security because I like that, I like to study on it and learn about my rights,
- Rights to and freedoms for all, all people who have these rights should have them, Freedom and equality means no matter who you we are all equal,
- Health and well-being as in different countries it is difficult to get healthcare but in Canada it is much better in the world as we get our own benefits, I like how Canadians live here.
- Freedom of association at the community hall because we support each other.
- Freedom of equality and all,
- Ban on torture (told there are more slaves in the world today than there have ever been).
December 10, 2018
Human rights begin at home, 70th Anniversary of the Declaration of Human Rights
This December 10th, we are celebrating the 70th year for the “Declaration of Human Rights.”
We talked about how human rights start at home and how we got a long way to go on human rights all around the world. There is a lot of work left to do as Canada’s record with first nations is appalling. Alberta’s record on history of people with disabilities is also poorly documented and tragic. One of our members said it was difficult to find the history on the eugenics movement at the library; it is like it is hiding in our history. We also believe the selling of humans should be stopped, Human Trafficking needs to be stopped and the important of telling our stories as first nations and Disabled Citizens.
In celebration of this day, we not only wish you happy human rights day, but here are just some of the human rights we value...