Did you know only about 11% of our taxis are accessible in our City?Some of us have waited more than 90 minutes or up to 5 hours for an on demand taxi.
We think this needs to change. And you can be of help!
|19% of the Taxis in New York are accessible and have a central dispatch
- It costs more to drive an accessible taxi in gas, maintain a ramp and be well trained.
- Taxi drivers need more funds to drive accessible taxis
- We need more taxi plates also be given funds to keep the accessible taxi plates, we are about 11% of our taxis are accessible.
- We also want a central dispatch system to find out when the taxis are coming.
- It will funded by a per trip fee on every taxi in the City (.20 cents more).