Federal Voter Forum
using a poverty lens
Join us for a "Federal Voter Forum, using a poverty lens" on Tuesday, September 7th, 2021. Link to recording
Hear from a list of knowledgeable speakers on various issues impacting Canadians.
A knowledgeable panel of speakers will be addressing topics using a poverty lens - such as Housing, Healthcare, Food Security, Education, Truth and Reconciliation, and more.
*Sneak Peak working doc of platforms, or Large Print format here.
We will open it up for a community discussion and close the evening with a presentation on voter literacy- everything you need to vote. Alberta Candidates may also be in attendance.
The webinar will also be recorded and it is a non-partisan event.
Advanced Polling starts Friday, September 10th,
and Election day is Monday, September 20th.
List of Speakers
- Housing by Vote Housing Advocate
- Income by End Poverty Edmonton
- Healthcare/Pharmacare by Friends of Medicare
- Child Care by Women’s Centre of Calgary
- Food Security by The Alex Community Food Centre
- Accessibility by Voice of Albertans with Disabilities
- Education by Alberta Teachers’ Association
- Race Relations
- Truth & Reconciliation by Vibrant Communities Calgary
- Voter Literacy by Apathy is Boring
The webinar is co-hosted by the following groups:
- Public Interest Alberta
- Voices of Albertans with Disabilities
- Self Advocacy Federation
- Alberta Ability Network
- Disability Action Hall
- Vibrant Communities Calgary and Enough for All
- Southern Alberta Individualized Planning Association
- South Region Self-Advocate Network
- The Alex Community Food Centre
- Inside Out Theatre
- Albertans Advocating for Change Together
- End Poverty Edmonton